U.S. WHEAT ASSOCIATES, WHEAT FOODS COUNCIL INSTALL NEW OFFICERS
Jul. 16, 2012
Source: U.S. Wheat Associates news release
NAWG's two national sister associations - U.S. Wheat Associates and the Wheat Foods Council - recently installed new officers.
U.S. Wheat Associates, known as USW, is the industry's export market development organization working with wheat buyers in more than 100 countries.
Its activities are funded by checkoff dollars from farmers in 19 states and market development programs administered by USDA's Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS).
At its summer meeting this weekend, USW installed the following officers for one-year terms:
• Darrell Davis, farmer from Ipswich, S.D., chairman;
• Dan Hughes, farmer from Venango, Neb., vice chairman;
• Roy Motter, farmer from Brawley, Calif., secretary-treasurer; and
• Randy Suess, farmer from Colfax, Wash., past chairman.
The Wheat Foods Council works to increase public awareness of grains, complex carbohydrates and fiber as essential components of a healthful diet, primarily by working with nutritionists and dieticians.
The Council is supported by wheat grower associations and commissions, millers and related industries.
Recently-elected officers for WFC include:
• Brent Robertson, farmer and member of the Nebraska Wheat Board, chair;
• Erica Olson, marketing specialist at North Dakota Wheat Commission, vice chair;
• Cindy Falk, nutrition educator at the Kansas Wheat Commission, secretary/treasurer; and
• Dave Green, director of quality control and laboratory services, ADM Milling Co., immediate past chair.
More about the Wheat Foods Council is at http://wheatfoods.org.
More about USW's work is at http://www.uswheat.org.