37TH ANNUAL AMERICAN AGRI-WOMEN CONVENTION ANNOUNCED
Oct. 9, 2012
Source: American Agri-Women news release sent via AgPR--the news distribution service for agriculture
Women involved in agriculture from throughout the U.S. and Canada will head to Denver, Colorado Nov. 7-10 for the 37th Annual American Agri-Women (AAW) convention. Their purpose reflects the mission of the 40,000-member organization: Gather resources and knowledge to represent the agriculture industry in an educated, professional and passionate manner.
Colorado Agri-Women, a state affiliate, is hosting the event. The convention's theme is "Seeking your Fortune in Agriculture." Download the convention registration form here.
Speakers and programs will cover the latest issues in agriculture, including sustainability, marketing, advocacy and more. Keynote speakers include:
· American Stewards of Liberty, property rights & education
· Jim Owens, founder, The Center of Cowboy of Ethics & Leadership
· Teresa Scanlan, Miss America 2011
· Advocates for Agriculture, Troy & Stacy Hadrick, Promoting Ag one story at a time.
Break-out sessions will cover such key topics as estate planning and property rights, social media, leadership, parliamentary procedure, and much more to give attendees tools for their own farms, ranches and agribusinesses, and for their work representing agriculture. View the full agenda here.
· The convention will be held at the Renissance Denver Hotel, which is located off Interstate 70 & Quebec
· Special events include:
· First Ever Tweet & Greet...come use your social media skills & chat with other agvocates & ag industry professionals from across the world.Tours of the Celestial Seasonings, The Wild Animal Sanctuary, ConAgra Mills, & Stranahan's Whiskey Distillery
· Spouse and guest tour will explore Wagner Equipment factory and get to test drive equipment in their demo area.
· A post-convention tour will take guests on a tour of Leadville, Colorado
AAW is a national coalition of farm, ranch and agribusiness women, representing 60 states and commodity affiliates. AAW helps educate consumers; advocates for agriculture; and provides networking and professional development for its members.
Follow the convention on Twitter by searching for the hashtag: #AAW2012.