AG CONNECT EXPO ANNOUNCES ACTIVITIES, REGISTRATION
Oct. 25, 2012
Source: Assn of Equipment Manufacturers news release
From farm operations and crop marketing to family business and dealership management, AG CONNECT Expo & Summit 2013 offers a wide range of high-caliber, expert-led educational opportunities.
Education is a key focus at AG CONNECT, which is scheduled for January 29-31, 2013, at the Kansas City Convention Center in Kansas City, Missouri.
Educational opportunities at AG CONNECT include:
• Free presentations and panel discussions sponsored by Successful Farming on the exhibit hall's Center Stage. Presentations will highlight next generation practices and insights into where agriculture will be in the next five years as predicted by Masters & Mavericks, leaders of the industry's top companies and farm operations
• Over 20 Master Classes with advanced information to help experienced farmers and ranchers reduce costs and increase the productivity of their operations. Class topics include law and taxation; effects of the drought; wind turbine profitability; pest management; precision agriculture; rental and leasing; electric tractor drives; cattle profitability; mobile communications technology; politics and agriculture; business management; and concerns of agricultural employers, among others.
• A new Family Business track presented by Successful Farming. Topics include women as entrepreneurs, building your family business, travel, managing family conflicts and social media.
• DTN/Progressive Farmer's DTN University for intermediate-level grain and soybean marketers who want to expand their skills beyond simple forward cash contracts and increase their knowledge of marketing styles that have better-than-season-average performances over time.
• Lessiter Publications' Farm Equipment Dealership Minds Summit 2013, a one-of-a-kind, first-ever conference and networking event for dealer principals, top-level management and executives from farm equipment dealerships of all colors throughout North America.
• Farm Journal Media's popular seminars, including the Farm Journal Planter Clinic, Beef Today Forum, Dairy Today Forum and Farm Journal Legacy Workshop.
Rounding out the educational programming are tours to local attractions, including:
• The Boulevard Brewing Company.
• Kansas City Board of Trade and Money Museum.
• Harley-Davidson plant.
• Arabia Steamboat Museum.
• The Harry S. Truman Library & Museum.
Tours have been very popular with families at past AG CONNECT events. Attendees planning to take tours should purchase tickets as soon as possible as tours have previously sold out. All tours include admission to the attraction and roundtrip coach transportation from the Kansas City Convention Center.
Attendees may register for AG CONNECT online, or by calling toll-free 866-229-3691 (Intl +1 301-694-5243) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. The official registration form may also be downloaded from www.agconnect.com
AG CONNECT Expo & Summit is owned and produced by the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM).