HIGHLIGHTS FROM AGGATEWAY'S CONFERENCE, NEW BOARD MEMBERS NAMED
Nov. 12, 2012
Source: AgGateway news release
AgGateway's seventh annual conference this week drew a record 230 professionals from more than 75 agricultural companies to discuss ongoing successes in implementing eBusiness within the agriculture industry. Attendance at the conference has doubled in just three years.
In addition to educational sessions, networking events and working sessions, the meeting featured the election of the new board, announcement of 2013 meeting dates, and recognition of individual and group efforts that are moving the industry forward in eBusiness.
"Each year this group is more dynamic, and the work is more important and relevant to agricultural business success," said AgGateway Chairman Doug Mills, Vice President and CIO at Mosaic Company.
"The work of the Precision Agriculture Council and the new Grain Council - to cite two examples - is truly inspiring and was highlighted to attendees this week. We're seeing more and more that our members' efforts and council work is changing the way people do business in agriculture."
AgGateway currently has more than 160 member companies working on projects within nine major industry segments. Each council has two representatives on the board.
The new board members for 2013 are:
• Doug Mills, Mosaic Company, Board Chair
• Randy Beard, River Valley Coop, Ag Retail Council Chair
• Keith Milburn, Growmark, Ag Retail Council Vice-Chair
• Charlie Nuzzolo, Global Range, Allied Providers Council Chair
• Hylon Kaufmann, Farm Market iD, Allied Providers Council Vice-Chair
• Michael Carrabine, I.R.M, Crop Nutrition Council Chair
• Dave Hoyt, United Suppliers, Crop Protection Council Chair
• Cindy Camacci, E.I. du Pont de Nemours, Crop Protection Council Vice-Chair
• Teresa Anderson, Triple Crown Nutrition, Feed Council Chair
• Karen Thomas, Southern States Cooperative, Feed Council Vice-Chair
• Scott Cavey, E-Markets, Grain Council Chair
• Randy Sunderman, Heartland Coop, Grain Council Vice-Chair
• Andres Ferreyra, Ag Connections, Precision Ag Council Chair
• Dennis Daggett, ProAg Management, Precision Ag Council Vice Chair
• Lori Edwards, Syngenta, Seed Council Chair
• Ed Nimtz, Dow AgroSciences, Seed Council Vice-Chair
• Steve Schaefer, Monsanto, Past Board Chair, Executive Committee
• Ron Farrell, Farrell Growth Group, Advisory Member
• Joel Newman, American Feed Industry Association, Advisory Member
Open seats include the Crop Nutrition Council Vice-Chair, and the Chair and Vice-Chair for the Ornamental Horticulture Council.
2013 Meeting Dates
AgGateway also announced the following 2013 meeting information:
AgGateway 2013 Mid-Year Meeting
June 17-20, 2013
John Deere Financial Facility, Johnston, Iowa
2013 AgGateway Annual Meeting & Conference
"Collaboration for eConnectivity - Ensuring Success for the Future"
November 12-14, 2013
Renaissance Vinoy Resort & Golf Club
St. Petersburg, Florida
More information on these meetings will be posted on the AgGateway website early next year (www.AgGateway.org).
The 2012 annual conference wouldn't be possible without the support of our many excellent sponsors. Our thanks to Adaptris, AgCIO, AGCO Corp., AGDATA, AGIIS/AgGateway, AMVAC, BASF, CSC, CF Industries, Dow AgroSciences LLC, GROWMARK, Inc., Helena Chemical Co., Informatica, International Raw Materials, J.R. Simplot, Monsanto, Oracle, Raven Industries, Software Solutions Integrated, Southern States Cooperative, Syngenta, The Mosaic Co., Wilbur-Ellis, Winfield, and XS, Inc.
AgGateway is a non-profit consortium of businesses serving the agriculture industry which helps member companies improve their profitability and productivity by promoting, enabling and expanding eBusiness in agriculture and agriculture related businesses. www.AgGateway.org