U OF ILLINOIS ANNOUNCES SERIES OF SMALL FARM WEBINARS
Dec. 19, 2012
Source: University Of Illinois news release
University of Illinois Extension will be offering the 2013 Small Farms Webinar series on Thursday afternoons at 1 p.m. beginning on Jan. 10 and concluding on March 28.
The Small Farm Webinar Series is a weekly on-line educational series for the small farm community. It provides practical knowledge on emerging topics to advance local food production in Illinois.
This series of online events will look at how leading practices in production, management, and marketing help to improve long-term planning and sustainability.
Sessions are presented by U of I extension educators and specialists and will cover the following topics:
· Jan. 10, Raising Broiler Turkeys on Small Farms
· Jan. 17, Strawberry Production
· Jan. 24, Water Sanitation for Small Farms Produce
· Jan. 31, Wildlife Damage Control
· Feb. 5, Growing and Marketing Unique Vegetables (this session 6 to 7 p.m.)
· Feb. 7, Basics of Fruit Insect Management
· Feb. 14, Introduction to Farm Financial Management
· Feb. 21, Seed Saving
· Feb. 28, Managing Crop Rotations in High Tunnels
· March 7, Farm to School Sales-What's Involved?
· March 14, Beneficial Insects
· March 21, Weed Control in Pastures
· March 28, Crop Budgeting Practices
Sessions last approximately one hour and can be accessed from a home computer or from the local Extension office.
To register, visit http://extension.illinois.edu/go/smallfarmswebinar. Participants accessing the webinar from home will receive the URL and instructions after registering.