FARM EQUIPMENT MFGRS ASSN ANNOUNCES ITS ANNUAL FALL CONVENTION
Aug. 16, 2013
Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association (FEMA) reports:
Visit the 2013 Fall Convention webpage for details on our October 22-25 meeting in Indianapolis. and use our Secured Online Registration link to register now.
When you visit with members of our Association regarding the annual Fall Convention and why they attend, you quickly learn just how diverse our membership has become and how our fall meeting has changed to meet the needs of our members.
What began as a funding mechanism for a social function with FEWA wholesalers in the late 1940's had grown into an association by 1951 when the first Fall Convention was held at the Edgewater Beach Hotel in Chicago.
Wholesale distribution of the products our members manufacture was the reason for the meeting; many members brought in their entire management and sales team. For some members, the Fall Convention would account for the majority of the coming year's sales.
As much as distribution networks have changed over the last 60 years, meeting with your independent sales representatives or wholesalers still can't be done more effectively than during our annual Fall Convention.
The distribution focus of our Fall Convention remains one of the top reasons for members to attend. In addition to providing opportunities for meetings with members of our Associate Marketing Section, this meeting continues to co-locate and hold several joint functions with the Equipment Marketing & Distribution Association (EMDA) which is the offspring of the FEWA and AIRMA merger. This co-location of meetings continues to provide members of both associations outstanding networking sales opportunities that simply can't be replicated.
Making early appointments with distributors and reps is always the best option and our website, FarmEquip.org makes it easy to stay current on who has registered early as well as providing links to the EMDA early registration list.
One example of the benefit of the co-located meeting is the EMDA "Contact Session" following our Joint Opening Breakfast. Here manufacturers can introduce themselves and their products to EMDA distributors and reps which are assembled in clearly marked tabletops throughout the room. This is an excellent session where you can make quick contact with individuals.
While the founders of our Association in the early Fall Conventions certainly had challenges from outside the industry to deal with, they would likely be surprised by the number of legislative and regulatory issues our members face today. Several of these issues will be front and center during our time in Indianapolis this October 22-25.
Here are just a few of the issues to be addressed in Indianapolis:
• Pending revisions to the Farm Bill which expires Sept. 30 and how the changes or extension of the current law is likely to impact our members.
• The effect of newly enacted legislation supported by regional dealer associations in several states and advises from our lobbyists on how you can best make your voice heard in your state legislature in the coming year.
• New federal regulations dealing with minimum lighting standards, the rule making process along with discussions regarding break and hitch standards.
• Updates on environmental issues facing our industry.
• Status report on Wisconsin's efforts to regulate the size and weight of agricultural equipment on its state roads.
• Opportunity to get an up close look at the newest 3-D printing technology which is transforming the prototype process today and a look at where it could take parts inventory and distribution in the near future.
• Lastly, and possibly the most important reason to schedule a few days in Indianapolis - networking with your fellow manufacturers and members of our Associate Supplier Section.
We look forward to seeing all of you in Indianapolis at this year's Fall Convention.