AGRI-TRADE ANNOUNCES THE WINNERS OF ITS AG INNOVATIONS PROGRAM
Sep. 18, 2013
Source: Agri-Trade news release
The 2013 Ag Innovations winners have been determined for the 30th anniversary edition of Agri-Trade, November 6-9. Agri-Trade organizers were pleased to see more than twenty entries for the competition, designed to showcase some of the newest farm equipment and technology advances.
"For the first time since Ag Innovations became part of Agri-Trade 6 years ago, we decided to announce the winners before the show starts," explained Agri-Trade Show Manager Dianne Smirl. "We wanted to help attendees in planning their show visit while giving the exhibitors with these great ideas a little extra exposure."
"Our panel of four judges from the industry looked at all the entries, and judged them according to a point's matrix. The more information given by the entrants on their innovation, the better," stated Rod Bradshaw, Ag Innovations committee chair.
"The scores were very close. We also added a new category this year. With all the mobile technology used by farmers, we also sought out the best ag app."
The six Ag Innovations winners are as follows:
1. John Deere - Return to Position - this is a loader that can be preprogrammed to return to set positions and angles, saving time for jobs like silage loading. (Booth #PKL0511)
2. Devloo Roto Mud Scrapers - these rotating mud scrapers help keep seeding operations accurate by removing built up mud (Booth #SAL0103)
3. Gatco Manufacturing - Cross Flow aeration - for grain bin aeration (Booth #AGE1202)
4. Westfield Industries - STORM seed treater - the next generation in on-farm seed treatment at the auger for better application accuracy (Booth #PRA0102)
5. FarmLead - FarmLead Marketplace - an applications which allows farmers to market grain, and track and see prices (Booth #PRA1800)
6. Farmers Edge - Geospatial Yield Mapping - an enhanced yield mapping system that allows for data to be applied in different manufacturers equipment (Booth #SAL0110)
Along with the six winners, two finalists were also announced. Flexxifinger (Booth #CUL0146) was recognized for its Corn Harvest Pans, as well as Pro-All International Manufacturing (Outside Booth #67) for its Jiffy Mid-Duty Harrow.
Taking the new Ag App category was Farm At Hand (Booth #SAL0117), an app which allows farmers to have the farm at their fingertips, by allowing them to keep track of everything from grain bins, to equipment to fields and more on their smart phone.
"The Ag Innovations award allows Agri-Trade visitors to see where manufacturers are at, and what's coming for new ideas," commented Bradshaw. "The more we can highlight innovations in agriculture, the better off producers will be."
Ag Innovation winners will be presenting information about their products on the Canada Malting Stage during Agri-Trade, which is another new feature of the Ag Innovations program.
Learn more about the 30th anniversary celebrations as Agri-Trade hosts its first ever Alzheimer's Coffee Break this Thursday, September 19th. Join us between 8am to 11am for coffee and treats, in support of the Alzheimer's Society.
Agri-Trade Equipment Expo is a public show owned and operated by the Partnership - Red Deer Chamber of Commerce and Westerner Exposition Association.