ASSN OF EQUIPMENT MFGRS TO HOLD SEMINAR ABOUT AG EQUIPMENT ON ROADWAYS
Jan. 31, 2014
Source:Assn of Equipment Mfgrs news release
AEM is offering members an industry-sponsored session to learn about potential initiatives that may be facing manufacturers related to agricultural equipment traveling on public roadways.
This informational/awareness meeting is set for 3-5 p.m. on February 11, 2014 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky.
The session is one day prior to the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville. The Crowne Plaza is adjacent to the Kentucky Exposition Center where the show is located.
Other participants include members of the Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association (FEMA) and the Ag Manufacturers of Canada (AMC).
The session will be the continuation of an ad hoc committee meeting held in conjunction with FEMA's Towed Implement Product Council at the FEMA Fall Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Topics to be presented and discussed include:
• Lighting and Marking of Agricultural Machinery - ASAE S279 - AMISA
• Mechanical hitching considerations and functional connections considerations
• Transportation envelope
• Total weight and axle load
• Wisconsin Implements of Husbandry - DOT recommendation and draft legislation
• Industry trade association activities - Proactive response to concerns
• What can we expect in North America - Future weight and dimensions considerations
• Potential consequences of inaction
An opportunity for open exchange between participants and industry subject matter experts will provide additional information sharing.
RSVP is required. To RSVP, contact Mike Weber, AEM's manager of technical & safety services (email@example.com, tel: 414-298-4149).