AG EQUIPMENT COALITION AGRIEVOLUTION ALLIANCE LAUNCHES GLOBAL IMPACT INITIATIVE
Feb. 5, 2014
Source: Agrievolution Alliance news release
The Agrievolution Alliance announces that Japan has joined the alliance and is the 12th member of this global coalition of agricultural equipment manufacturing associations.
The alliance has a full agenda of cooperative projects, including a new "global impact statement." The Agrievolution Alliance works to advance agricultural interests worldwide and strengthen global understanding of agriculture machinery's vital role in sustaining a growing world population.
The Japan Agricultural Machinery Manufacturers Association (JAMMA) represents 64 agriculture equipment manufacturing companies in Japan and will broaden the perspective and extend the reach of the alliance to this region of the world.
In addition to Japan, the regions and countries represented include Brazil, European Union, France, Germany, India, Italy, Korea, Russia, Turkey, United States and United Kingdom.
Agricultural machinery associations joined together to form the alliance in April 2012 to foster collaborative action on a global basis in the areas of industry issues, data exchange and public policy. The Association of Equipment Manufacturers, representing the United States, serves as secretariat.
"We want to make world leaders more aware of how important agricultural machinery is to boosting farmers' efficiency and productivity, which is especially crucial in developing countries," stated Charlie O'Brien, AEM senior vice president.
The alliance is currently working on a new "Global Impact Statement" illustrating the impact of agriculture equipment manufacturing on the global economy as well as its essential role in helping to feed the world.
Following a very successful Agrievolution Forum, held in India, in December 2013, planning is already underway for the next edition of this world summit. It will be held in January 2016 in Istanbul, Turkey in conjunction with Agro Eurasia, International Agriculture and Agricultural Mechanization Fair.
To view the presentations from the 2013 event, go to www.agrievolution.com/Forums/2013/Presentations.
These educational gatherings bring together top government officials, agricultural equipment manufacturers and other industry leaders to share knowledge and collaborate on key global agricultural issues.
Among others, the alliance also produces a quarterly Agritech Business Barometer with accurate, timely global market trend data to assist member companies' business planning. A public report provides summary information and charts that illustrate the industry's scope.
Current member associations of the Agrievolution Alliance are:
• ABIMAQ (Brazilian Association of Industrial Machinery and Equipment)
• AEA (Agricultural Engineers Association, UK)
• AEM (Association of Equipment Manufacturers, USA) - Secretariat
• AXEMA (Association for Industrial Agricultural Equipment, France)
• CEMA (European Agricultural Machinery Association)
• FEDERUNACOMA (Italian Farm Machinery Manufacturers Association)
• FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry) - 2014 Chair
• JAMMA (Japan Agricultural Machinery Manufacturers Association)
• KAMICO (Korea Agricultural Machinery Industry Cooperative)
• ROSAGROMASH (Russian Association of Agricultural Machinery Manufacturers)
• TARMAKBIR (Turkish Association of Agricultural Machinery & Equipment Manufacturers) - 2014 Vice-Chair
• VDMA (German Agricultural Machinery Association)
For more information about the alliance, visit the website www.agrievolution.com.