THIS MONTH IN AGRIMARKETING
5-10-20 YEARS AGO
Five Years Ago (2001)
• Aventis announces it will exit the crop protection business and has sent sales proposals to Monsanto, DuPont, Dow, Bayer and BASF.
• The five largest communications agencies serving agribusiness accounts (in order of total income): Bader Rutter, Colle+McVoy, CMF&Z, McCormick Co. and Rhea & Kaiser.
Ten Years Ago (1996)
• DTN acquires Broadcast Partners and its AgriDayta system from its owner, a general partnership between Farmland, Pioneer Hi-Bred Int'l, and IAI Communications.
• Farm Progress Cos. acquires Western Farmer Stockman magazines.
• Helena Chemical Co. promotes Mike McCarty to Pres/Chrmn.
• American Soybean Assn promotes Stephen Censky to CEO. He had been its Exec Dir for Int'l Mktg.
• Bonnie McCarvel is named Exec Dir of MACPA (now MACA). She had been Exec Dir of the MN Soybean Growers Assn.
• Bob Moaczewksi, Group VP for Intertec Publishing (now Prism) assumes leadership for the Farm Press Publications which were recently acquired by Intertec.
Twenty Years Ago (1986)
• Greg Leaf is promoted to Acct Sup at Bozell, Jacobs, Chicago, IL.
• Jerry Duff forms The Duff Co., specializing in BtoB marketing communications with an emphasis on agriculture.
• Jeff Smith joins Midwest Unit Farm Publications. He had been a Field Rep for Monsanto.
• Sandoz, Basel, Switerland, completes the acquistion of Velsico.
• DuPont receives EPA approval for its sulfonylurea class of products. AM