WESTERN KANSAS MANUFACTURERS ASSN ANNOUNCES ITS SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
Oct. 11, 2018
Source: Western Kansas Manufacturers Assn news release
Western Kansas Manufacturers Association (WKMA), sponsor of the 3i SHOW, is proud to continue their support of western Kansas students furthering their education at area community colleges, technical colleges and universities through their annual scholarship program.
The scholarships are for freshman students who are residents of western Kansas, have graduated from a western Kansas high school and are U.S. citizens. Preference is given to students enrolling in Agri-Business, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, Pre-Engineering or Business Administration.
WKMA would like to congratulate the following 2018-2019 school year scholarship recipients:
*Thomas Potter, a Hoisington High School graduate, was awarded a $500 scholarship to Barton Community College;
* Gerardo Ortiz-Chavez, a Wichita County High School Graduate, was awarded a $500 scholarship to Colby Community College;
* Cora Tasset, a Spearville High School graduate, was awarded a $500 scholarship at Dodge City Community College;
* Jace Laswon, a Pawnee Heights graduate, was awarded a $500 scholarship to NCK Tech;
* John Gower, a Phillipsburg High School graduate, was awarded $500 to Northwest Kansas Technical College;
* Manuel Aguero, a Liberal High School graduate, was awarded a $500 scholarship at Seward County Community College;
* Emily Cranwell, a Ellis High School graduate, was awarded a $700 scholarship at Fort Hays State University;
* Britta Beesley, a Hugoton High School graduate, was awarded a $700 scholarship at Kansas State University; and
* Conner Lebeau, a Scott Community High School graduate, was awarded a $700 scholarship at the University of Kansas.
One scholarship remains available at Garden City Community College.
WKMA scholarships are partially funded each year by the sale of limited-edition belt buckles commemorating the 3i SHOW. A buckle order form is available online with buckles available dating back to 1984. Buckles will also be available for purchase at the 65th Annual 3i SHOW on March 21-23, 2019 in Dodge City at the Western State Bank Expo Center.
Scholarship applications should be made directly through the individual school's financial aid or scholarship department. Visit www.3ishow.com for specific school contact information or for a buckle order form.
For more information, contact the WKMA office directly toll-free at 877-405-2883 or locally at 620-227-8082. To receive continued updates and information about the 3i SHOW and upcoming events, follow the 3i SHOW on Twitter and Google+, and like the 3i SHOW Facebook Page.