AGRI-PULSE ANNOUNCES SPEAKERS FOR ITS VIRTUAL FOOD & AG POLICY SUMMIT WEST
Aug. 14, 2020
Source: Agri-Pulse sent via AgPR--the news distribution service for agriculture
Sacramento - California farmers, food companies and other parts of the farm-to-fork supply chain face a number of vexing environmental challenges, but many have developed innovative new solutions. At the Agri-Pulse Food & Ag Policy Summit West, you'll have a chance to learn from some of the leading food companies about the latest ideas for dealing with food waste, implementing sustainability programs and producing alternative forms of plant-based and cell-based proteins.
"As we've covered California food and ag issues this past year, we've seen tremendous innovation in methods and technology that can help revolutionize food production and reduce agriculture's environmental footprint," says Agri-Pulse Editor Sara Wyant. "We plan to showcase some of these success stories and also discuss the unique challenges ahead. This promises to be a robust and interactive educational opportunity for all participants."
The event will be hosted virtually from the California Farm Bureau Federation offices in Sacramento on September 9 from 9 am to 5 pm and broadcast for all participants. There will be a 30-minute lunch break from 12-12:30 pm. Please click on the following link to register for the Food & Ag Summit. The event is free to current Agri-Pulse subscribers, state and federal legislative staff. The fee for non-subscribers is $149, which includes a free six-month subscription to Agri-Pulse, currently valued at $727 for a full year.
Some of the speakers include:
• CDFA Secretary Karen Ross;
• Kroger's Zero Hunger/Zero Waste Regional Manager Kelli McGannon;
• Aimpoint CEO Brett Sciotto;
• Don Cameron, Farmer and Chair, California State Board of Food and Agriculture;
• Ashley Boren, Executive Director, Sustainable Conservation;
• State Senator Brian Dahle;
• Jamie Johansson, President, California Farm Bureau;
• California Rice Commission Manager of Environmental Affairs Paul Buttner;
• Jacob Katz, Senior Scientist, California Trout;
• Udi Lazimy, Senior Sustainability Manager, Just;
• Eric Schulze, VP, Memphis Meats; and
• Nicki Briggs, VP, Perfect Day Foods.
Agri-Pulse is a trusted source in Washington, D.C. and Sacramento, CA, with the largest editorial team focused on food and farm policy coverage. The multimedia company provides a balanced perspective on a wide variety of issues including nutrition, trade, food safety, water & environment, labor, biotechnology, organic, conservation and crop insurance. For more information about the company, go to www.agri-pulse.com. For questions about the Summit, contact Sandi@Agri-Pulse.com.