RISE CELEBRATES 30 YEARS AS THE VOICE OF SPECIALTY PESTICIDE AND FERTILIZER INDUSTRY
Aug. 27, 2020
Source: RISE news release
RISE (Responsible Industry for a Sound Environment) celebrated 30 years as the voice of the specialty pesticide and fertilizer industry during the association's first-ever Virtual RISE Annual Meeting held August 24-26, 2020.
The meeting focused on the launch of the 2021-2026 RISE Strategic Plan and featured preeminent leaders in the specialty pesticide and fertilizer industry. More than 225 manufacturers, formulators, distributors and other industry leaders attended the meeting. The association is also holding webinars for members throughout the month of September as part of the virtual event.
"In a year like none other, our industry has rallied to ensure consumers and professionals maintain access to essential tools to protect public health and infrastructure," said Stephanie Jensen, Director, Professional & Specialty Solutions, BASF, and Chair of the RISE Governing Board. "We are pleased to launch a new five-year strategic plan to make sure our vital products remain available for use when needed, even in unprecedented circumstances. By providing educational resources for consumers and applicators and conducting proactive outreach with partners, we'll continue to support a positive legislative and regulatory system for our industry."
The new strategic plan emphasizes the imperatives to collaborate and meaningfully engage with internal and external audiences; convene forums for partnering and sharing information; and amplify the industry's collective impact by acting as a force-multiplier.
The RISE Governing Board met August 24 and welcomed new members holding distributor and manufacturer seats:
• John Johnson, President, Prokoz, Inc. (Distributor)
• Scott Lazarczyk, President - North America, SBM Life Sciences (Distributor)
• John Smith, Vice President of Commercial Operations, AMVAC Chemical Corporation (Manufacturer)
• Abizar "Zack" Zaki, Global Business Director - GSS, FMC Corporation, Vice Chair (Manufacturer)
The Board also elected Zaki to be the Vice Chair as part of the executive committee. Outgoing Board members completing their terms are Bill Culpepper, SePRO Corporation; Scott Gault, WinField United Professional Solutions; Michael Kropp, Wilbur-Ellis on behalf of Primera, Inc.; and Scott Todd, Central Life Sciences. In addition, Sean Casey, Nufarm Americas, Inc., is retiring; Nufarm is retaining the company's seat.
Others continuing their terms on the Board include:
• Stephanie Jensen, Director, Professional & Specialty Solutions, BASF, Chair (Manufacturer)
• Karen Larson, Vice President, Product Innovation & Government Affairs, Clarke, Treasurer (Formulator)
• Daryl Allen, Strategic Channel Leader, Turf & Ornamental Business, Corteva Agriscience (Manufacturer)
• Kathy Bishop, CEO, Lebanon Seaboard Corporation (Formulator)
• Neil Cleveland, Vice President and General Manager, PBI-Gordon Corporation (Formulator)
• Michael Maravich, Vice President, Sales Marketing, North America, Sipcam Agro USA, Inc. (Manufacturer)
• Jose Milan, Global Business Manager, Turf & Ornamental Markets, Bayer Environmental Science (Manufacturer)
• Blaine Pinkerton, Vice President of Sales, Turf & Ornamental, Nufarm Americas, Inc. (Manufacturer)
• Scott Reasons, Head of Professional Solutions, Americas, Syngenta (Manufacturer)
• Brian Rowan, Vice President, Category Management, SiteOne Landscape Supply (Distributor)
Casey awarded RISE Volunteer Service Recognitions to four outgoing RISE Committee Chairs: Steve Dorer, Syngenta, Chair of the Legislative Affairs Committee; Bill Kelso, Lebanon Seaboard Corporation, Chair of the Fertilizer Committee; Dean LePoidevin, LePoidevin Marketing, Chair of the Communications Committee; and Carrie Tackema, Nufarm Americas, Inc., Co-Chair of the Strategic Oversight Council and Chair of the Regulatory Affairs Committee.
Casey presented the RISE Excellence in Grassroots Advocacy Award to Kelli Gladding, University of Florida, Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants, and the RISE Strategic Driver Award to Bill Kelso, Lebanon Seaboard Corporation.