THE BLACK ENGINEER OF THE YEAR AWARDS RECOGNIZE 10 CORTEVA AGRISCIENCE EMPLOYEES
Feb. 16, 2021
Source: Corteva Agriscience news release
Wilmington, DE - The Black Engineer of the Year Awards (BEYA) honored 10 Corteva Agriscience employees among its list of distinguished honorees on February 11. The BEYA Awards recognize leaders from Fortune 500 companies and government organizations and highlight the work they are doing to shape the future of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
Each winner exemplifies Corteva's purpose and promotes multiculturalism and gender equity in STEM careers. These awards underscore the achievements of the Corteva Agriscience employees recognized and demonstrate the increasing recognition of agriculture as a cutting-edge STEM industry.
"At Corteva we know that advancing inclusion, diversity, and equity is the right thing to do for our people and the right thing to do from a business perspective - it's the key to driving innovation and fueling our continued growth," said Meghan Cassidy, Chief Human Resources and Diversity Officer, "These ten individuals are not just shaping our business and our industry but the future of STEM and we couldn't be prouder of them."
The 2021 Corteva Agriscience winners are:
• Dave Barclay Affirmative Action Award - Craig Reed, Vice President, Chief Procurement Officer, Indianapolis, IN
• Research Leadership Award - Brannon Sam, Discovery Chemistry, Indianapolis, IN
• Senior Investigator - Norbert Satchivi, Discovery Biology, Indianapolis, IN
• Senior Technology Fellow - Byron Sleugh, Integrated Field Sciences, Indianapolis, IN
Outstanding Achievement Awards
• Modern-Day Technology Leader Award:
• Edward Chikwana, Human Health Risk Assessor, Indianapolis, IN
• Ebony Johnson, Trait Discovery Project Manager, Johnston, IA
• Jonathan Jones, Fermentation Research Group Leader, Indianapolis, IN
• Science Spectrum Trailblazer Award:
• David Parks, Project Manager, Pittsburg, CA
• Henri Moore, Business Director, Global Responsibility, Wilmington, DE
• Veronica White, Technology Leader, Ankeny, IA
Congratulations to this year's awardees.