AG COMMITTEE LEADERS HEADLINE AGRI-PULSE'S AG & FOOD POLICY SUMMIT
Mar. 1, 2021
Washington - House Agriculture Committee Chairman David Scott, D-Ga., House Agriculture Committee Ranking Member Glenn Thompson, R-Pa., Senate Agriculture Committee Chairwoman Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., Senate Agriculture Committee Ranking member John Boozman, R-Ark. Senator Mike Braun, R-Ind. are all part of the speaker list for the 2021 Agri-Pulse Ag & Food Policy Summit.
"As a participant, you'll hear from members of Congress, political appointees, food and agricultural leaders from coast to coast, along with industry and academic experts," said Sara Wyant, Agri-Pulse editor and founder. "We are excited to bring together these leaders to discuss the potential for agriculture to play a key role in providing solutions to climate change and the challenges they may face during this debate."
This year's summit will feature three virtual half-day sessions, March 22-24, with the theme: "Climate Risks, Rewards and Uncertainties." Discussions will focus on research needs, potential costs, carbon payments, federal policy options, proposed regulatory changes and more. Wyant says that the event provides a great way for participants to quickly get up to speed on how farmers, foresters and food companies are engaging in climate policies.
Other speakers include but are not limited to:
• Tom Vilsack, Secretary of Agriculture (invited)
• Robert Bonnie, Deputy chief of staff for policy and senior advisor on climate at USDA
• Michael Regan, EPA Administrator nominee (invited)
• Senator Chris Coons, D-Del. (invited)
• Chuck Magro, Nutrien
• Debbie Reed, Ecosystem Services Market Consortium
• Frank Mitloehner, UC Davis
• Marty Matlock, University of Arkansas
• Barb Glenn, National Association of State Departments of Agriculture
• Leslie Sarasin, FMI - The Food Industry Association
• Chuck Conner, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives
• Zippy Duvall, American Farm Bureau Federation
• Elizabeth Gore, Environmental Defense Fund
• Rob Larew, National Farmers Union
• PJ Haynie III, National Black Growers Council
• Chris Harbourt, Indigo Carbon
• Jason Weller, Truterra
• Tom Worth, Risk Management Agency
• Tara Smith, Crop Insurance and Reinsurance Bureau
• Dave Tenny, National Alliance of Forest Owners
• Bob Kirchoff, Organic Valley
• Krysta Harden, U.S. Dairy Export Council
• Erik Fyrwald, Syngenta
• Lynn Scarlett, The Nature Conservancy
• A.G. Kawamura, Solutions from the Land
• Mitchell Hora, Continuum Ag
The draft program is available here. Registration is available here.
Sponsors of the 2021 Agri-Pulse Ag & Food Policy Summit include:
Gold: American Farm Bureau Federation, Corteva, Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative, Farm Credit, FLM Harvest, Indigo Ag, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives, and Syngenta.
Silver: Environmental Defense Fund and Dairy Management Inc.
Bronze: Ag Council of America, American Sugar Alliance, American Seed Trade Association, Elanco, Farmer Mac, John Deere, National Association of State Departments of Agriculture, Nationwide, National Crop Insurance Services, National Farmers Union, National Milk Producers Federation, U.S. Dairy Export Council, Pivot Bio, and Truterra.
About Agri-Pulse: Agri-Pulse is the most trusted source for farm and rural policy information in Washington, D.C. and Sacramento, CA, providing a balanced perspective on a wide variety of issues including the farm bill, nutrition, trade, labor, food safety, water, environment, biotechnology, organic, conservation and crop insurance. Agri-Pulse publishes a subscription-only e-newsletter, the Agri-Pulse Daily Harvest early morning news summary, Agri-Pulse Daybreak, Agri-Pulse DriveTime podcast, and breaking news on www.Agri-Pulse.com.