National Agri-Marketing Association
NAMA Website
Upcoming Events
Chapters
Agri-Marketing Conf
Best of NAMA 2018
Member Directory












GRAIN ELEVATOR & PROCESSING SOCIETY FOUNDATION NOW ACCEPTING GRANT APPLICATIONS
Source: Grain Elevator and Processing Society Foundation news release

Kansas City - The Grain Elevator and Processing Society (GEAPS) Foundation announced today that it is now accepting applications for its 2021 grant program. Total available funding for the 2021 awards is $182,000. The grants are intended to develop training programs for the next generation of grain and oilseeds operations professionals.

The GEAPS Foundation was established to support development of new and innovative resources for training grain and oilseed supply-chain industry professionals that are complimentary to the continuing education programs of the Grain Elevator and Processing Society. Its mission is to train the next generation of grain industry operations professionals to safely and sustainably feed the world.

Grant funding is available to any organization, institution or individual who can demonstrate competence and capacity for developing and delivery of eligible projects responsive to the Foundation's purpose.

The target end-users of grant-supported projects are GEAPS members and prospective members and by extension, their employers. The highest priority is filling any identified gap in needed and currently available educational and training resources. Conversely, projects that would be considered redundant to or directly competitive with existing available resources would be considered ineligible for grant awards.

To be eligible for funding, projects must be complementary to GEAPS' professional development program with respect to the following core competencies:

Agribusiness environment and management practice

Facilities maintenance and design

Facility operations management

Grain handling equipment management

Grain quality management

Handling systems and operations technology
management

Human resources management

Process flow operations

Property and casualty risk management

Applying for a grant through the GEAPS Foundation is a two-step process, with the stage one application and proposal pre-qualification due June 15, 2021. Awards will be announced in October 2021. The Foundation intends to make grant money available on an annual basis, accepting applications each spring and announcing award winners in the fall. Full details on the grant process, as well as grant applications, are available on the GEAPS Foundation website here.

About GEAPS Foundation

The GEAPS Foundation is headquartered in Kansas City, MO, and a qualified tax-exempt charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. tax code. Approximately 75% of the Foundation's $4 million endowment was donated by GEAPS and made possible by the sustained success of GEAPS Exchange (its annual conference and expo) in generating surplus revenue from the trade show. The remaining 25% came from direct support by grain companies and industry equipment, services, and technology solutions providers


Search News & Articles













Proudly associated with:
American Business Media Canadian Agri-Marketing Association National Agri-Marketing Association
Agricultural Relations Council National Association of Farm Broadcasters American Agricultural Editors' Association Livestock Publications Council
All content © 2021, Henderson Communications LLC. | User Agreement