CF INDUSTRIES PUBLISHES ITS 2020 ANNUAL REPORT AND SUSTAINABILITY REPORT
Mar. 24, 2021
Source: CF Industries news release
Deerfield, IL - CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CF) today published its 2020 Annual Report and 2020 Sustainability Report and introduced a modernized Company brand, each of which reinforces the Company's commitment to its clean energy strategy.
• CF Industries has released its 2020 Annual Report and 2020 Sustainability Report together, reflecting Company's commitment to evaluating financial performance alongside sustainability performance
• 2020 Sustainability Report focuses on Company's comprehensive environmental, sustainability and governance (ESG) goals, and includes reporting to Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) standards and guidelines
• Company has introduced a brand refresh and introduced a new brand mark representing a stylized ammonia molecule, which is the base product that CF Industries manufactures and a clean fuel in its own right
• Company continues to advance its plans to support the clean energy economy
"For 75 years, CF Industries has helped feed the crops that feed the world," said Tony Will, president and chief executive officer, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. "As our Annual Report and Sustainability Report make clear, we are focused on building on this legacy by providing clean energy to help the world decarbonize, supporting and developing our employees and communities, and enhancing product stewardship efforts."
2020 Sustainability Report
CF Industries' 2020 Sustainability Report, Clean Energy for a Sustainable World, covers the company's steadfast commitment to sustainability and progress within crucial ESG areas. The report can be accessed at sustainability.cfindustries.com.
The report focuses on recently announced ESG goals, covering critical environmental, societal, and workforce imperatives. These commitments include a dramatic reduction in carbon emissions across its global network to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and an intermediate goal of a 25% reduction in CO2e emissions intensity by 2030. The Company's ESG goals also encompass other issues important to CF Industries and its stakeholders, including diversity and inclusion, safety, food security, nutrient management and community involvement.
Highlights from the report include:
• Reporting on a comprehensive basis and disclosing to all standards of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), reporting to the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) framework, and, for the first time this year, reporting to the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) guidelines.
• Achieving the company's lowest year-end recordable incident rate ever, ending the year with only four recordable injuries and zero lost-time injuries across our network.
• Successful implementation of a wide range of safety measures for COVID-19, along with various employee wellness benefits and community initiatives.
• Updated core values, including a more explicit expression of the Company's longstanding commitment to inclusion and diversity, and joined Business Roundtable's Multiple Pathways Initiative to improve hiring and talent management to improve equity and diversity and workplace culture.
• An updated philanthropy strategy that targets volunteer and financial resources across four philanthropic focus areas that support the Company's values and align with the business: Environmental Sustainability, Healthy Food Access, STEM Education and Awareness, and Local Community Advancement.
New Modernized Brand Identity
In conjunction with the publishing of its 2020 Annual and Sustainability Reports, CF Industries has introduced a modern refresh of its core brand elements that reflect its commitment to a cleaner future. The company's new logo includes a mark representing a stylized ammonia molecule, which is the base product that CF Industries manufactures and which is central to its clean energy strategy.
The Company also released updated vision, mission and strategy statements. These revolve around clean energy, providing further definition to the Company's direction and focus in the years ahead.
"The launch of our new brand identity is more than a change in symbol, it is a symbol of change," said Tony Will, president and chief executive officer, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. "Our commitment to decarbonize the world's largest ammonia production network will transform CF Industries and position our Company at the forefront of clean energy supply. Our new brand communicates this focus and our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world's transition to clean energy."
Clean Energy Strategy Update
The Company continues to advance its plans to support the global hydrogen and clean energy economy, which is expected to grow significantly over the next decade. Key initiatives in development include a green ammonia project at the Donaldsonville Nitrogen Complex and carbon dioxide capture and sequestration and other carbon abatement projects across the Company's network.