SPEAKERS ANNOUNCED FOR AGRI-PULSE'S "AG & POLICY SUMMIT"
Mar. 1, 2022
Agri-Pulse Communications Inc., is pleased to welcome the National Council of Farmer Cooperatives (NCFC) as the Platinum sponsor for the 2022 Ag & Food Policy Summit. The summit offers in-person and virtual attendance options on March 21. This year's theme is "Laying the groundwork for the next farm bill."
"Agri-Pulse will explore the policies and politics under consideration with leading experts, members of Congress and administration officials. This is a great opportunity to learn from some of the most influential voices in farm policy," said Sara Wyant, Agri-Pulse editor and founder.
Summit discussions will focus on global and domestic factors driving farm production and food demand, political and economic factors driving the next farm bill, conservation policy, what do food companies want in the next farm bill, and more. Registration is available here.
Invited and confirmed speakers include but are not limited to:
• Tom Vilsack, Secretary of Agriculture (invited)
• House Ag Committee Chairman David Scott (invited)
• House Ag Committee Ranking Member G.T. Thompson
• Former Senate Ag Committee Chairman Pat Roberts
• Former House Ag Committee Chairman Collin Peterson
• Senate Ag Committee Chairwoman Debbie Stabenow
• Senate Ag Committee Ranking Member John Boozman
• Nick Fereday, executive director, food & consumer trends, Rabobank
• Zippy Duvall, president, American Farm Bureau Federation
• Rob Larew, president, National Farmers Union
• Chuck Conner, president & CEO, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives (NCFC)
• Kam Quarles, CEO, National Potato Council
• Tom Zacharias, president, National Crop Insurance Services (NCIS)
• Dan Yeoman, managing director, Soil and Water Outcomes Fund, and CEO, ReHarvest
• Randy Russell, president, The Russell Group
• Chris Adamo, vice president, government affairs, Danone North America
• Kathryn Unger, vice president, North America government relations, Cargill
• Nicole Berg, vice president, National Association of Wheat Growers (NAWG)
• Melinda Cep, Ph.D., vice president, natural solutions and working lands, National Audubon Society
• Jonathan Coppess, director, Gardner Agriculture Policy Program, University of Illinois
• Roger Szemraj, principal, OFW Law
• Ellen Vollinger, SNAP director, Food Research & Action Center (FRAC)
Additional sponsors include:
Gold: American Farm Bureau Federation, CHS, Curious Plot, Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative, Farm Credit, International Dairy Food Association (IDFA), John Deere, Nachurs Alpine Solutions, National Pork Producers Council (NPPC) and Syngenta.
Silver: Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy and Nutrien
Bronze: Ag Council of America, American Sugar Alliance, Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM), Ducks Unlimited, Elanco, Farmer Mac, Finsbury Glover Hering, National Association of State Directors of Agriculture, National Crop Insurance Services, Nationwide, National Milk Producers Federation and U.S. Dairy Export Council, Pivot Bio, and Truterra.
Agri-Pulse is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic, and the event will follow all District directives and health measures. At this time, the Club is requiring proof of vaccination to attend.
Stay up to date on the COVID-19 guidelines for the National Press Club click here>
Registration is available here.
Agri-Pulse is the most trusted source for farm and rural policy information. With offices in Washington, D.C. and Sacramento, Calif., and Camdenton, Mo. we provide a balanced perspective on a wide variety of issues including the farm bill, nutrition, trade, labor, food safety, water, environment, biotechnology, organic, conservation and crop insurance. Agri-Pulse publishes a subscription-only e-newsletter, the Agri-Pulse Daily Harvest early morning news summary, Agri-Pulse Daybreak, Agri-Pulse DriveTime podcast, Agri-Pulse Newsmakers and breaking news on www.Agri-Pulse.com.