AGRIBUSINESS COUNCIL OF INDIANA ANNOUNCES ITS ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Jan. 18, 2017
Source: Agribusiness Council of Indiana news release
The Agribusiness Council of Indiana (ACI) is hosting its annual conference on January 26-27, 2017 at the Marriott Downtown Indianapolis. Newly inaugurated Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb will give the closing keynote on Thursday, January 26th. This will be the Governor's first address focused on agriculture and agribusiness themes since his recent inauguration.
"Governor Holcomb well understands that agribusiness is a vital industry for our state's economy and its workforce," said Beth Bechdol, ACI President. "He is leading Indiana into its third Century and knows that agriculture will have a critical role in ensuring an innovative and successful future for our state."
This year's ACI conference theme is "Educate. Advocate. Lead." and the program agenda features a notable line-up of industry experts and thought-leaders.
"We are certainly in a time today when many of our most important issues are undeniably gamechanging," said Sal Sama, Business Manager of Winfield Solutions and ACI Board Chairman.
"This year's conference will explore several of these, including the economic outlook ahead for our industry, the recent elections and coming political "shake-ups", regulatory overreach, social media and consumers, the competition for talent, and industry consolidation."
The conference's opening day will also feature:
• Dr. Jason Henderson, Associate Dean, Purdue University College of Agriculture
• Chuck Conner, President/CEO of the National Council of Farmer Cooperatives
• Jay Vroom, President/CEO of CropLife America
• Ted McKinney, Director of the IN State Department of Agriculture
• Leah Beyer, Global Digital Communications Director for Elanco
Speakers on the second day of the conference include:
• Chris Jahn, President, The Fertilizer Institute
• Bill Qualls, Executive Director, ResponsibleAg
• Dr. Bob Waltz, Indiana State Chemist
• Dianne Milazzo, Consumer Safety Officer, Office of Surveillance and Compliance, US
FDA/Center for Veterinary Medicine
• Matt Kapszukiewicz, Market HR Leader, PwC
• Allan Gray, Director, Purdue Center for Food and Agricultural Business
• Harold Cooper, CEO and General Manager, Premier Companies
• Rajan Gajaria, VP of North and Latin America, Dow AgroSciences
• Vern Hawkins, President, Syngenta Crop Protection
A full agenda for the conference and registration details can be found at http://inagribiz.org/.
Additional questions about the event can also be transmitted to Jayne McElwain, ACI's Association Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-989-8142).