National Agri-Marketing Association
NAMA Website
Upcoming Events
Agri-Marketing Conf
Best of NAMA 2017
Member Directory

Source: ResearchandMarkets news release

'Seeds Market By Type (Oilseed, Grain, Fruit & Vegetable, Turf, Forage & Other Seeds), Seed Trait (Herbicide Tolerant, Insecticide Resistant, And Other Stacked Traits) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018'

This report estimates the size of the global seed market in terms of revenue. The global seeds market is projected to reach $85,237.6 million by 2018, due to increasing worldwide demand for food at CAGR of 12.1% from 2013 to 2018.

Market drivers, restraints and challenges, winning imperatives, burning issues, and trends are discussed in detail in this report. Significant players of the market such as Monsanto (U.S.), DuPont (U.S.), Syngenta (Switzerland), Dow AgroSciences (U.S), among others are profiled.

The global seeds market includes oilseed crops such as soybean, sunflower, canola, cotton and grain crop such as wheat, rice, corn, and millet. Fruit and vegetable market includes tomato, lettuce, onion, pepper, carrot, melon, brassica and other seeds segment include alfalfa, turf, clover and forage.

Soybean dominates the global oilseed seeds market while corn holds the majority share of the grain market. Soybean and corn crops are growing at the same CAGR of 12.5% from 2013 to 2018.

Tomatoes are growing at the fastest CAGR in the vegetable market during the forecast period. The report shows North America to be the chief producer of corn and other seeds.

Asia-Pacific is the leading market for rice and cotton and ROW for sorghum. The maximum production of wheat, canola, fruits and vegetables, and sunflower is found in Europe.

The seed market is primarily driven by the consumption of seeds with traits - a growing trend among farmers. The seed with biotech traits include herbicide resistance, insecticide resistance, and other staked seed. Herbicide resistant seed dominate the seed with trait market.

The U.S. is the largest market in terms of use of seeds with trait. Insect resistant is the second most used trait to protect crop. In the seeds with traits market, 47.6% genetically modified seeds are used and remaining 52.4% are non-genetically modified seeds.

Other stacked traits include abiotic stress tolerance, disease resistance, modified quality pollination control systems, and others.

In terms of regions, the report is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of the World (ROW). The market is further segmented for the key countries of these five main regions.

The study shows North America is the largest seed market followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. Around 81.8% revenue in North America is expected to be generated by the U.S. in 2018. Brazil currently leads the Latin American market, with China and France the largest markets in Asia-Pacific and Europe respectively.

The North American market is growing at CAGR of 12.0% from 2013 to 2018. Europe is the main market for fruit & vegetable and other seeds. Asia-Pacific is growing at CAGR of 12.2% during the forecast period. Latin America is growing at the fastest CAGR of 13.1% during the period under review.

Scope of the Report


- North America
- Asia-Pacific
- Europe
- Latin America
- Rest of the World


- Oilseed seed
- Soybean
- Sunflower
- Cotton
- Canola
- Grain Seed
- Corn
- Wheat
- Rice
- Millet
- Fruit & Vegetable market
- Tomatoes
- Melons
- Brassica
- Pepper
- Lettuce
- Onion
- Carrot
- Other Fruit and Vegetable
- Other Seeds
- Alfalfa
- Clovers & Other Forage
- Flower seed
- Turf Grasses
- Others


- Herbicide Tolerant
- Insect Resistant
- Other Stacked Trait

Search News & Articles

Proudly associated with:
American Business Media Canadian Agri-Marketing Association National Agri-Marketing Association
Agricultural Relations Council National Association of Farm Broadcasters American Agricultural Editors' Association Livestock Publications Council
All content © 2018, Henderson Communications LLC. | User Agreement